On This Page is a List of Resources and Links, it will be Added to Over Time
- Brochure on Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- FAQ on additional Medicare funded psychology sessions available to people subject to further restrictions in areas impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is a Clinical Psychologist
- What is a Psychologist
- The Equine Psychotherapy Institute Meredith is an accredited practitioner with the Equine Psychotherapy Institute (EPI). There is lots of detailed information, including some lovely videos, and also details of the intensive training and accreditation process.
- The Australian Clinical Psychology Association Meredith is a member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA), which is the national professional body that represents clinical psychologists who hold the accredited post-graduate qualifications that meet the criteria established by the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) for endorsement in clinical psychology.
- The Australian Psychological Society. A professional association for psychologists in Australia. The APS also created the Code of Ethics that all registered Psychologists are required to practice in accordance with.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency AHPRA is the regulatory body for health practitioners in Australia. Here you will find detailed information on registration standards for health practitioners, including psychologist, a database of all registered health practitioners in Australia and information on reporting concerns about a registered health practitioner.
- TAC Meredith is registered provider with the TAC. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and have a current claim with TAC you can access funding for your sessions.
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal, Meredith is a registered provider with VOCAT. If you are the victim of a crime VOCAT will usually fund your initial five sessions. If you reuire further sessions after the initial five, Meredith can work with you to submit an application for further sessions.
- WorkCover Meredith is a registered provider with WorkCover. If you have an current claim with Workcover you can access funding through WorkCover for your sessions.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Meredith is able to provide NDIS sessions for individuals with a NDIS package that is either self-managed or plan managed.
- Mental Health Care and Medicare
- Medicare Mental Health Care Plans FAQ
Further Useful Information
What is the difference between a psychologist, clinical psychologist and psychiatrist?
- A psychologist is a person trained in the science of the human mind. Psychologists are interested in understanding how humans think, feel, behave and learn. In Australia, all registered psychologists have a minimum of six years of university training and supervised practice. All psychologists in Australia hold general registration but some psychologists have undertaken advanced training in specific areas of psychology and can be endorsed in the following areas: Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology, Community Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Education and Developmental Psychology, Health Psychology and Organizational Psychology. A generally registered psychologist provides services to people across the life span, helping them to better understand and make changes to their thoughts, feeling and behaviours. If you would like to read further information about psychologists and what they do, please click here or access the resources section of the website
- Clinical psychologists are experts in mental health. They have had advanced training and experience in the assessment, diagnosis, formulation and psychological treatment of mental health, behavioural and emotional disorders. Clinical psychologists are able to diagnose mental health conditions, but as they are not medical practitioners they cannot recommend or prescribed medications. If you would like to read further detailed information about who a clinical psychologist is and what they do please click here or access the resources section of the website
- A psychiatrist is a medical practitioner, who has had further specific training in mental health. A psychiatrist can diagnose mental health conditions and as they are a medical practitioner that can recommend and prescribe medication, some psychiatrists have an interest in psychological treatment of mental health conditions and provide psychotherapy.